Archive for the ‘Social Policy’ Category
August 1st, 2009
Boehner: “The More [President Obama] Talks About This, the Less People Support It. And They Are Deeply Skeptical About the Government’s Involvement.”
Washington, Jul 30 - As congressional Democrats fight with one another over what to do next on health care, the American people are growing increasingly opposed to the idea of a government takeover of health care that will raise costs, destroy jobs through a small business tax and onerous employer mandates, and put bureaucrats in charge of decisions that only patients and doctors should make. In the last 24 hours, no fewer than five national public opinion surveys have registered similar results: Americans don’t support the Democrats’ government-run health care plan. Take a look:
1. WSJ/NBC News poll: “In mid-June, the public was evenly divided when asked whether it thought Mr. Obama’s health plan was a good idea or bad idea. The new poll, conducted July 24-27, found 42 percent calling it a bad idea versus 36 percent who said it was a good idea. Among those with insurance, the portion calling the plan a bad idea rose to 47 percent from 37 percent … [T]here was another worrisome sign for the president: Only two in 10 people predicted the quality of their own care would improve under the Obama plan, and just 15% of those with private insurance thought it would. Twice as many overall, and three times as many with private coverage, predicted their own care would get worse.”
2. National Public Radio poll: “When asked about the plan now moving through Congress, a plurality of 47 percent was opposed and 42 percent said they were in favor, based on what they had heard about the plan so far.”
3. New York Times/CBS News poll: “President Obama’s ability to shape the debate on health care appears to be eroding as opponents aggressively portray the effort as a government-takeover that could limit Americans’ ability to choose their doctor and course of treatment, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll. Americans are concerned that overhauling the health care system would reduce the quality of their care, increase their out-of-pocket health costs and tax bills and limit their options in choosing doctors, treatment and tests, the poll found.”
4. Time Magazine poll: “By significant margins, survey respondents said they believe the final health-reform legislation is likely to raise health-care costs in the long run (62 percent), make everything about health care more complicated (65 percent) and offer less freedom to choose doctors and coverage (56 percent).”
5. Gallup poll: A plurality of Americans believes a new health care bill will “worsen” their health care and “reduce” their access to care. Bottom line: “Whether the focus is access to healthcare or the quality of care, less than a majority of Americans are convinced that health care reform will be beneficial to either the country or to their own personal situations. Americans are less likely to believe health care reform will result in improvements to themselves personally than to the national healthcare situation. Americans believe that health care reform will increase costs rather than lower them, both nationally and for themselves.”
In a Christian Science Monitor forum yesterday, House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) discussed Americans’ growing opposition to the Democrats’ government-run plan, noting that the more President Obama talks about his proposal, the less Americans like it:
“Boehner pointed to this public skepticism about healthcare reform. ‘Over the last few months, the more [President Obama] talks about this, the less people support it. And they are deeply skeptical about the government’s involvement.’”
“The Republican leader charged that ‘one of the reasons the Democrat[ic] leaders are pushing so hard to get this bill passed before they leave is because they know that if this bill hangs out there over the August recess my guess is it will be shredded and when
they get back they will have nothing.’”
Americans’ opposition to a government takeover of health care is bad enough on paper, but as Congress prepares to leave Washington for the August break, Democrats are about to see that opposition firsthand when they return back to their congressional districts. The American people support real health care reform – a plan that reduces costs and expands access to quality care. The Democrats’ proposal does neither. And unless Democratic leaders agree to work with Republicans on a bipartisan plan that achieves real reform that Americans are seeking, it will be a long, hot August for Democrats in Congress.
June 26th, 2009
Obama Continues to “Make It Rain” with Our Tax Dollars
Without a single Republican vote the Democrat Controlled House has passed the Waxman-Markey Climate Bill
House Democrats win key test vote on climate bill
>House Democrats narrowly won a key test vote Friday on sweeping legislation to combat global warming and usher in a new era of cleaner energy. Republicans said the bill included “the largest tax increase in American history.”
>The vote was 217-205 to advance the White House-backed legislation to the floor, and 30 Democrats defected, a reflection of the controversy the bill sparked.
>The roll call break down can be found here
Just great… not only does this bode well for mega companies like GE, Goldman Sachs, Al Gore inc., and others it gives the environmentalists extremely overreaching powers raises taxes on every American!
May 22nd, 2009
Pres. Obama on Health Care
Pres. Obama on the State of GM
Pres. Obama on His Relationship with Pres. Bush
May 10th, 2009
From Gateway Pundit
The Commencement Speaker at Ave Maria University blasted Notre Dame for inviting the most radical pro-abortion and infanticide president in history to commencement ceremonies this year.
The Naples News reported, via Free Republic:
Commencement speaker Dr. Thomas Hilgers, an obstetrician from Omaha who Ave Maria President Nicholas Healy described as a pioneer in “gynecological practices that are line with the teachings of the Catholic Church,” used his address to blast Notre Dame University’s decision to host President Barack Obama as its own commencement speaker on May 17.
Calling Obama “viciously pro-abortion,” Hilgers railed against Obama’s policies while likening the president to his own commencement speaker in the 1960s – a young priest Hilgers said later turned out to be “a denier of the Resurrection, pro-homosexuality and pro-contraception.”
Obama has “made available embryonic stem cell research funds, and as an obstetrician, I am in the cross-hairs of Obama’s administration,” said Hilgers, who received an honorary degree from the university.
Addressing the students directly, Hilgers said: “You’re going to be in the group of people – praise the Lord – who will have the opportunity to be a part of the culture of life.”
Hilgers told the graduates that their place in “the culture of life” was integral to their futures.
“Pope John Paul II has called us all to a culture of life within a civilization of love,” Hilgers said. “God calls all of us to do something special, and with prayer and perseverance, you will find your calling.”
Already this year, Barack Obama has signed several pieces of abortion legislation including funding foreign abortions. He also signed legislation to use taxpayer money to kill embryos in research. And, democrats are pushing legislation that will force healthcare providers to perform abortions even if it violates their moral or religious convictions.
Barack Obama is the most radical pro-abortion and infanticide president in the last 35 years. Barack Obama even voted 4 times to support infanticide during his political career.
The Vatican already attacked “arrogant” Barack Obama for using taxpayer money to fund foreign abortions.
March 21st, 2009
Remember last year when pastor Pastor Rick Warren asked Obama - "at what point a baby gets human rights":
As Gateway Pundit and others have pointed out "Barack Obama is the most radical pro-abortion and infanticide president in the last 35 years."
Already, Obama has signed several major pieces of abortion legislation in his first 50 days in office including funding foreign abortions. He also signed legislation to use taxpayer money to kill embryos in research.
Barack Obama is the most radical pro-abortion and infanticide president in the last 35 years. Barack Obama even voted 4 times to support infanticide.
The Vatican already attacked "arrogant" Barack Obama for using taxpayer money to fund foreign abortions.
From The Caucus Blog
The White House said on Friday that Mr. Obama will speak first at Arizona State University, in Tempe, a public school, on May 13. His next stop, on May 17, will be at a private university, Notre Dame, in South Bend, Ind. Former President George W. Bush delivered his first commencement speech as the nation’s chief executive there in 2001.
Back then it was above above his paygrade but now……………… I guess Notre Dame is willing to overlook indiscresions of "Teh One"
March 5th, 2009
Video of District of Columbia children appealing to President Obama to continue giving children a choice for better education through the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program. http://voicesofschoolchoice.org/
March 4th, 2009
March 2nd, 2009
I’m already off to an anti-establishment start with this my inaugural post…
But I caught this winning little ditty at NoQuarterUsa.net and I had to share…
Does Sean Penn have a Clue?
Now given the tenor and tone of this site, I think we can all safely answer, “HELL TO THE FUCK NO!” to that question…but I don’t want to spoil it for you, so please click the link and get a little edumacation about what the writer is discussing here.
And in a round about way, yes it has to do with our doublespeaking President who is for some unfathomable reason able to be AGAINST gay rights and still FOR them.
P.S. This is also the reason why I don’t bother watching awards shows anymore…because not only do we have to suffer through the indignity of watching grown people give each other awards for playing pretend, now we have to listen to them bloviate about their “political beliefs”. You know cause people that get paid obscene amounts of money for something four-year-olds do, are somehow constitutional scholars and economy wonks…along with PLAYING FUCKING PRETEND FOR A LIVING!
P.S.S. Down with the man!